Wednesday, May 23, 2012

In The Closet

We have a nice big 2500 square foot house, but when I became pregnant with Pepper it was apparent that we really didn't have any room for her :o( so instead of giving her away we decided we would keep her and just make do with what we have.  For the first six months of her little short life we had her sleeping in a co sleeper next to my side of the bed.  Two nights ago I decided it was time to put her in the closet.  See for yourself.


Why is she sleeping in the closet, well because that's where her crib is silly!  Oh, why is her crib in the closet?  Because the closet is big and roomy, its quiet in there, and can be very dark.  Plus we don't have room anywhere else.  Sure we could make room, but we really weren't using the closet anyway, just to store a few things, and she slept there just fine.  Look, the closet is so big there is also a dresser in there!

The first night I put her in there (two nights ago) she woke up once at 11:45 to have her pacifier inserted into her mouth, I rolled her over and she slept the rest of the night, until around 6:30.  Last night, her second night, was not nearly as great, she woke up around 10:50, and three other random times, but after inserting her pacifier she goes right back to sleep.  I remember doing this same routine with Summer a few years ago, and when we finally moved her into her room at 12 months we let her cry it out.  It took about 5 minutes and that was that.  I guess I could try it with Pepper but I am not ready just yet.  Why, I don't know.  

I have an evil aunt who thinks it is cruel to have a child sleep in a closet.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok I really LOL-ed at this. When Noah was little, he also slept in a closet. It was big enough to fit his crib and a full dresser. It was huge! We completely turned it into a room. It was great because it was attached to my room, so I was right there if he woke up.

marty said...

Brian slept in a storage closet under the steps for a couple years. We were in a 2 BR apt after Nick and Mindy were already married. Bob and I had 1 BR...Steph and Cory(8mo old) in the other so in the closet Brian had to go. He had a cot and a milk crate for a table which held a lamp and an alarm. We still tease him about coming out of the closet. I also had a huge closet that a couple grandbabies slept in when I kept them...in a pack 'n' play. They also slept good...so..as you can see I can't see anything wrong with it!!

Jessica Roya said...

Liam usually ended up in a pack n play in a closet when we travelled. Works great!! Probably better than somewhere else cause it's quieter and she'll sleep better (maybe ;-)

makesmusik said...

We just put Terry in a dresser drawer when we would run out of room. She fit great!