Sunday, May 20, 2012

She is needy

Seriously it has taken me over six months to realize my newest daughter is "needy" and nothing like my other child.  All this time I have been questioning WHY she does certain things, like WHY does she always cry when I put her down, WHY does she always want to be held, WHY does she act like she can't entertain herself, WHY WHY WHY, and then it finally hit me - because she is NEEDY.  I have heard people say that if they had had their second child first they would not have had a second child and now I understand exactly what that means because Pepper is NEEDY.  In a way I feel like we have made it this far, six months, and yes it has been a challenge.  Doing anything around the house takes a certain finess, making sure she is fed, not tired, and somehow entertained.  When we are out it is a LOT easier, she is happier, distracted, not as NEEDY as when we are at home.  I do have a mommy and me video that I use to eat dinner, I can put it on and it is about 30 minutes of babies and mommies singing and dancing - and she likes it so I can eat in peace.  She also likes her Papa and her Sister and her Daddy most of the time.  She isn't really a BAD baby as much as she is just so NEEDY sometimes.  And let's not discuss how horrible she sleeps, constantly waking through the night these days.  She still has one bottle at night and she probably doesn't need it but she just wakes up so much I really can't tell!  Normally she wakes about 30 minutes after she is put down, I put the pacifier in her mouth and she generally falls right back asleep.  The rest of the night is just a vicious cycle, waking every 2 ish hours to be readjusted and have a pacifier inserted in her mouth.  Around 5 or 6 I put her in bed with me and we sleep together until 7 or so.  Somehow I am not tired ... luckily.  But hey, at least she is cute?






No comments: