Wednesday, July 4, 2012

8 Months

Pepper is 8 months old.  I can't express how much better things are now, the last month has been the best and I imagine they will all keep getting better.  The journey with her has been so different then I could have imagined, much harder, but each day things seem better, back to normal.  Maybe I just took a lot longer to adjust or maybe she is just a different baby, of course she is!

She is 21 pounds and 29 inches.  She has 6 teeth, well almost, the top two middle teeth are trying to come in but they have broken through the skin.  She drinks 4 bottles a day, around 6-8 ounces each.  She isn't technically crawling knee hand yet, but she is getting around by doing the knee/hand, laying flat on her tummy stretching out, then getting on her hands and feet in a downward dog position, then repeat, somehow scooting as she goes, so I imagine she will be crawling fully on knee/hand any day now.  She can go from a crawling position into a full sitting position.  She can also sit up great, no falling/tipping over anymore.  She says Mom, Ba, and Yum.  Yum when she is eating, which she seems to enjoy twice a day, breakfast and dinner.  She has eaten bananas, blueberries, waffles, kiwi, mango, peaches, plums, oatmeal, honeydew, watermelon, well mostly any fruit we have and she likes sweet potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, asparagus, okra, brussel sprouts, chicken, noodles - I guess the point it she really likes to eat.  She takes about 3 naps a day, the morning nap is now about a 2 hour nap.  She has 2-3 dirty diapers a day, usually her first one is first thing in the morning.  She smiles all the time, at strangers, as long as she didn't just wake up.  If you smile at her chances are she will smile back at you. She is very ticklish too.  She likes having her legs tickled when she falls asleep, but often times she will start laughing.  She falls asleep in my arms, usually over my shoulder while I sway back and forth.  She also sleeps in the car seat without any problem.  She likes when I sing ABC's and Patty Cake.  Her favorite color is, just kidding :o) I don't know that yet, give me a few more months!






No comments: