Monday, July 9, 2012

Here we go again

Being healthy is never ending.  Once again Kris and I have decided to start eating healthy in hopes that we lose weight.  We bought one of those fancy scales (a fitbit) that, once stepped on, recognizes who you are, tells you your weight and your body fat percent, and rewards you with badges or something.  We are only on day 2 (or 3, it's all a blur now) and things are going.  We are trying to eat smaller healthier portions with lots of small healthy snacks.  For dinner tonight I made a crock pot chicken breast with spices, green beans for the girls, cabbage for Kris and I, two garden tomatoes and corn for all of us except Pepper.  Summer didn't really eat much of her dinner and two hours later decided she was hungry.  We told her to just finish eating her dinner (corn, green beans, chicken), to which she replied she didn't like it.  I know she likes everything I made.  I told her if she was hungry she would eat her dinner or would have nothing else.  I never make Summer finish her plate, she can eat what she wants but if she doesn't eat then she can't get anything else.  While I was feeding Pepper in the bedroom Summer came and told me she finished all her green beans.  I didn't really believe it but when I checked her plate they were all gone.  I knew she was lying about eating them so I asked her where her green beans were.  She said she ate them all.  I asked her again and again she quietly said she ate them while looking into the kitchen.  Once more I asked her what she did with the green beans and she finally admitted she threw them away.  I wanted to be mad but I couldn't help but laugh.  I remember doing things like that when I was a kid.  She was surprised I was laughing but I told her to never lie to me again because it wasn't nice and it isn't nice to waste food.  I gave her some ketchup and she finished her chicken and she had eaten most of her corn so I allowed her a banana for snack.  Such a cruel parent!  She is really a great little eater, she will try anything once, and usually eats a lot of healthy food.  Her snacks consists of yogurt, cheese, raisins, carrots, things like that.  Changing how we eat isn'g going to be easy for any of us apparently.

Because I don't like to blog without a photo - here is a picture of Summer just two or three days ago at Olive Garden, the same day (or the day before) we decided we weren't going to eat out anymore.


We are really going to miss that place, especially Summer, she loves the fettuccine alfredo, but we are doing this for all of us, for as long as we can anyway so wish us luck!

No comments: