Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Grade

Summer starts public school tomorrow and I am not sure who is more excited.  I loved going to school when I was a kid and I have a feeling Summer will be a lot like me.  I am so happy she will have the opportunity to learn with other kids her age in a classroom decorated with colors and numbers and letters.  I am so happy she will get to see how other kids her age learn and interact.  I am also interested to see how far she pushes herself once she has some competition with her peers.

While I think homeschooling is a great alternative for some people, it was not the right choice for us.  I think we both really disliked it.  It was shorter work than going to a regular school, which made for some very long and boring days.  I think Summer is just too social to be home schooled.

I am also looking forward to the jazz, choir, and the piano class we have starting up in September.  We also have a wedding that both girls are flowering in the first week of September and my Aunt and her husband are coming to stay with us during the middle of September.  We have a lot of fun coming up!

Here are some cute photos I took of the girls last night, man they are getting so big!







No comments: