Friday, August 9, 2013

Six Year Check Up

I took Summer for her annual check up on Tuesday.  Summer is 56 pounds and 14 ounces (91 percentile), 49 1/4 inches (96 percentile) with a body mass index of 16.51 (77 percentile).  Her blood pressure was 111/65 - which was normal.  Her vision was R 20/20 and L 40/20 - both 30/20.  The doctor said her vision is probably fine but we have a free eye exam with the insurance so I will probably take her and get an exam eventually.

Summer is addicted to her iPad but if she had one wish in the whole world it would be to have 100 sleepovers with her friends.  She is such an easy going child, she does not talk a lot and fast like I did when I was young.  She has horribly tangly hair and cries almost every morning when we brush it.  She has 20+ pairs of earrings and doesn't mind letting me change them now.  She is extremely tan, mostly from swimming so much, but she also just has a natural darker skin color, luckily.  She loves her sister, in fact when Pepper was napping earlier today she said she hoped she got up soon because she missed her.  Summer enjoys reading, especially books to Pepper.

I am lucky.  I have no clue who she is going to be, sometimes I look at her and wonder where she is going to go in her life, I hate waiting but I have no choice.

Coming up we have dance registration, a choir bootcamp, and the second year of piano.  Oh, and don't forget school.  She is also going to be a flower girl in a wedding in September.  So much fun coming up, I can't wait so I am not sure how she is :o)


No comments: