Monday, May 7, 2007

28 week doctor appointment

I had my 28 week doctor appointment on Friday - and it was very stressful but went well. I had to take the glucose test and wait an hour, so I decided to drink the sugary drink, go to my appointment, then go back for the blood work. Luckily my appointment was on time, so I was able to give my blood on time, because if I didn't give my blood in exactly one hour from the time I drank the glucose, I would have to retake the test.

The glucose was actually good, it was cherry, and I seemed to digest it fine. It must have been loaded with sugar, because Summer woke up and started bumping and grooving (my new word for what she does). She was active for a good 2 hours after I drank the glucose, hopefully she liked it and wasn't mad!

The doctor appointment was great, I weighed, and at first the scale showed 134, which couldn't be right since I started the pregnancy at 140, second step on the scale showed 156, which was what my scale at home shows. So far I have gained 16 pounds, and I am right on track. The blood pressure was also off the first time, 144/something - but I was pretty excited and wound up. The nurse took it again and it was 119/something - much better! The nurse listened for Summer's heart - I think it was 156, and she measured my uterus, right on track, 28 1/2 weeks. The doctor came in, I had no concerns, neither did she, she said I was doing great, perfect pregnancy and to come back in 4 weeks, then I will have to start coming every two weeks.

Getting my blood drawn was actually a good experience, the tech made me hold some glass vials and I think I was more concerned about breaking the glass, the prick was painless, and she got the vein on the first try.

This weekend I felt great too, I almost don't feel pregnant, except the moving and grooving baby (which is all the time) and big belly, but I think I am getting use to the big belly, because I was able to shave my legs and paint my toenails this weekend.

Here are two pictures from this morning, 28 weeks and 5 days. I feel a little fatter in this dress this week .... but only 79 days to go!

No comments: