Wednesday, June 27, 2007

36 Weeks Finally

I have made it to 36 weeks. One more week and Summer is considered full term. I started seeing the doctor twice a week this week for NST monitoring (neonatal stress test). I have been taking my blood pressure and it keeps coming back normal, so I don't know what happened last week. At my NST appointment yesterday (my first), I found out I have to get hooked up to the monitor and Summer's heartbeat has to go above her baseline by 15 heartbeats for 6 seconds. Her normal heartbeat is around 150, so in twenty minutes, she has to maintain a heartbeat of at least 165 twice. I asked if I could poke her and the nurse said yes, so needless to say, this was a very easy test for her and I. I can always get her to move just by poking at her. During the monitoring, they also see contractions, which I seem to have more of during the 20 minutes of monitoring than during the entire day. I must be showing off, but the nurse said my uterus looked irritated (because I was having so many contractions) and it could have been because Summer was moving, because I was poking her - haha! On Friday, I have to go in again, take labs, have another 20 minute NST test, then I will see the doctor, get an ultrasound, where she will measure the fluid and growth, and again this weekend I have to collect urine for 24 hours. This pregnancy was going too easy until last week! If my blood pressure is high, it is because the stress of all the doctor appointments! Plus, Summer is still breach, and I need to determine what I should do about that... so much to think about. Oh well, it should all be over in a month right!

1 comment:

marty :)) said...

The room is adorable...I can see why you were tired. Lots of work involved!!! Good job!!! Good luck!!