Friday, June 29, 2007

what to do, what to do ...

So I went for my Friday NST appt, which consisted of blood work, urine sample, 20 minutes of monitoring, seeing the doctor, getting an ultrasound to check for fluid and position.

Last week the big issue was blood pressure, this week we are back to breach.

The doctor said I had to hurry and make my decision because I am running out of time!

My options are: try to turn the baby or have a c-section, and even if the baby turns, they may make me do a c-section anyway because of the high blood pressure, but regardless I think they are going to induce me at 39 weeks because of the high blood pressure (I think, I got a bit confused).

I chose to go in on Monday morning and see if the doctor can turn Summer without an epideral (using an epideral is another more aggressive turning option). I figure if I need an epideral to try to turn her, the hell with that, I would rather just schedule a c-section ...

On Monday I have to call L&D and see if they have a bed, and if so, I will be going in to see if they can turn her. Again, the doctor said it is unlikely at this point she will turn on her own because she is running out of room (and has never turned since at least 27 weeks when I had the 4d).

Part of me just says the hell with it, let's do a c-section, I don't plan on having more kids, it is so convenient, and I know exactly when she is coming, and people do it all the time, but I wanted to experience labor at least once, and I would feel bad if I didn't at least try.

Monday should be interesting ... I will keep you posted,

No comments: