Saturday, September 29, 2007

Random Summer Updates

Summer was sitting in her jumper earlier today and she actually had her whole foot on the floor and was almost jumping. I swear we just put her in it for the first time on Monday and only her tippy toes reached!
Summer (as of last week) is starting to look at her mobiles. She has one on her swing and one on the pack-n-play. I wasn't going to get one for her crib, but I might now (of course I will wait until she actually sleeps in her crib).
Summer drinks 6 oz most of the day now, and we still give her 4 oz during the night. She still only sleeps about 4 hours at night, but I don't mind. She drinks her milk and goes right back to sleep.
Summer had her first shower with mommy today, and she did fine. I didn't wash her with soap because I was afraid to get her slippery, but I put her under the water and rinsed her off. Luckily when daddy bathes Summer he usually pours some water over her face so she is not afraid of water. She didn't mind the shower at all.
Since it is getting colder, I bought Summer some sweet pea outfits to sleep in and they are wonderful. It makes changing her diaper easier during the night too!
Summer scratched her face bad last night (I didn't have the hands covers on) so I filed her fingernails down today. I swear they grow overnight! I still haven't used clippers, I am just filing her nails down. The scratches are on her cheek, and it looks like cat whiskers, hehe. I am glad babies heal fast.
Summer isn't getting the hiccups as much anymore, I am glad because they annoy me!
I am still waiting for giggles, daddy has heard them a few times when I am at work, but I haven't heard a good giggle yet.
I read books to Summer at least 5 times a week, usually at night, so today I bought her two Halloween books, very simple with bright colorful pictures, and when I laid her on my lap to read, she was actually looking at the book.
I saw a pumpkin patch on the way home from grocery shopping today and got excited. In the next week or two I want to take Summer to pick out her first pumpkin and get pictures. She will only be three months so I guess I will have to pick it our for her, and I plan on baking pumpkin pies again, my new tradition. Maybe I will let her taste a little and see what she thinks.

No comments: