Monday, September 3, 2007

Who Knew

Before we had a baby, we thought having a baby was going to be a lot of work, we thought we would be sleep deprived, we thought it was going to be hard. I was really concerned that life would be changed forever, and nothing would be the same, and Kris didn't think he really needed a baby in his life to be happy. Since we have Summer we have discovered that having her is easy, she is not hard to take care of, we are getting plenty of sleep, and we can not stop staring at her beautiful face, or grabbing her long toes, or kissing her all over. Who knew having a baby would be so much fun, and we would be so good at it, and love it as much as we do. I never realized why people had kids, I was clueless to the joy they had. Kris and I are two people who are thrilled to be parents, and are finding it easy and fulfilling. I can't wait for Summer to hold out her hands when I go to pick her up, or smile when I make funny noises, or laugh when she is happy. Kris caught a smile from her last week, and it is precious, I can't wait to see smiles all the time.

No comments: