Saturday, May 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

When I landed on Wednesday I thought I was fine. When I saw the car I was fine. When I saw Kris I was fine. When I saw Summer sitting in her car seat all wide eyed I about fell over with emotions. I could not believe she was awake looking around, and she was more beautiful than I remembered. I jumped into the back seat so fast I ripped off the rubber sealing around the door (don't worry it slipped back on). The entire ride home I spent kissing and touching my baby. I was worried she might be scared of me, maybe she forgot who I was, but she was fine, she smiled at me and kept looking at me. It was a wonderful welcome home, and a great 20 minute car ride to the house. I took off Thursday to recover and spend time with my family, it was a nice day off, I took Summer with me while I had my car washed and my oil changed. She was a perfect angel as usual.
Tomorrow is mother's day and what I want more than anything is to spend time with my family, and cut my hair! I don't know if it is a new mommy thing or if I am just tired of my hair but it has been annoying me for the past month and I wish it was gone. I don't think I would feel bad if it looks horrible, I have had long hair for such a long time, but Kris has made it clear that short hair is ugly so I am going to just cut off a few inches. I should go right now while Summer is sleeping ...
We took some family pictures today, I made everyone buy a white shirt so we all matched. I don't think the family pictures turned out as well as I had hoped, we really need someone holding the camera and getting Summer's attention, so we will probably try it again next Sunday when Cliff is around to help, but the pictures we did get turned out amazing. This was the first time I have played with Kris's camera and I might like it.
Later today we have a birthday party, this will be Summer's first birthday party for some twins we met during one of the mommy groups at the park. It is at 4:00 so I am guessing I will have a few more pictures later today.
Check out today's pictures on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesca/

No comments: