Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vocabulary Explosion

It amazes me how many new words Summer has learned in such a short time. A few nights ago I was in the room with her and she kept saying "Hey" to get my attention. She knows the name of most of her books, well a shortened version anyway. For example she calls this one book of nursery rhymes "Baa Baa" because it has Baa Baa Black Sheep in it. She has her "foot" book, her "Bible", her "Cow" and her "Lady Bug" book to name a few.
She will tell you what she wants to drink when she is thirsty now, either she will say "milk" or "water" and she is quick to ask for a "popsicle" if she sees you in the freezer. If she likes something she will tell you "I like it". I bought her a bunch of books yesterday off craigslist and while we were driving there I asked her if she wanted some books, to which she replied "yes, I like them". She is starting to pick up so many words from us, our very own little copycat. There are so many other words I am forgetting, like today she said "hooray" on the phone, and she told Mr. Noodles on Sesame Street "on no" last night when he did something silly. I love this stage in her development!

No comments: