Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No Dinner

Imagine my shock/surprise/horror when my little piggy wanted nothing to do with dinner last night. She always eats, she loves food, she will take food from strangers, but this past week we have seen a decline in her interest to eat. She is still eating but just not as much. Some mornings she wakes up and must be hungry because she will ask for a banana and then other mornings she wakes up and doesn't want a single bite of anything. She isn't getting much snack food either, maybe some animal crackers or so, but we really watch what she is eating - always offering veggies at lunch and dinner if we can help it. Luckily this morning she ate half a banana and her whole bowl of baby oatmeal, shew! I know she is not going to starve, heck look at her hefty self, but it is still strange when your kids refuse food. I feel bad for Casey, Ana doesn't ever want to eat, and if she does eat it isn't much, but it is still strange when your food loving child refuses to eat. I want to force her but I have to hold back and remember, she will eat when she is hungry, it's not like she will waste away. And since I have cut back on my portion sizes I don't spazz out as much, she doesn't need much food to satisfy that little body.

No comments: