Saturday, May 9, 2009

Star Trek

Last night was the first time Kris and I have went anywhere without our sweet baby. We have never wanted to leave her with a sitter and we have never wanted to go anywhere she could not go. We have a lot of time together I guess :o) I don't know but yesterday was Kris's birthday and we are both old school Star Trek fans (not fanatics) so we decided that once Summer was in bed and once Papa got home we would put the baby monitor in papa's room and go watch Star Trek. Summer went down around 8:15 and papa got home at 9:35, the movie started at 10:10 so we had plenty of time. When we left it felt strange, I didn't even take my cell phone with me! I knew they would both just sleep but we both felt like we were cheating LOL. Regardless the movie was FTW (for the win) - one of the BEST movies I have ever seen, it was so good, I can't believe how awesome it was, I didn't want it to end and when it did end I was sad it was over. It was so good I might go see it again if I get a chance. We had a great time, and the hard part for us was staying out so late but we weren't tired and so far this morning I feel ok, of course the day has only just started. We haven't been to a movie in over two years, it felt nice going out but I don't think we will make it a habit, just a special thing we know we can do when another excellent movie comes out. Of course we got home around 12:30 and Summer was asleep as was papa. He saidhe slept pretty lightly because he wasn't use to sleeping with the monitor but it worked out nicely for everyone. And I think Kris had a great birthday, I know a had a great birthday for him :o)

No comments: