Monday, May 4, 2009

Summer is Great

Summer is awesome, she amazes me every day with her vocabulary. She is really repeating a lot of what we say now, I told her that dinner would be ready in 5 more minutes, to which she repeated "5 more minutes". She is a little sponge absorbing everything we say now oh and she can count too - at least up to 11, but she sometimes goes higher. She says the numbers so clear. I thank Sesame Street and me, Kris and Cliff for always counting with her. She also recognizes her shapes, circle, triangle, square, sometimes anyway :o) I think she is a smart little girl but I also think it helps having 3 adults taking turns working with her. Brushing her teeth lately has been a challenge because she doesn't want help anymore and I don't trust her to do a good enough job so we found a nice solution for that, we use two toothbrushes, she gets one and we get one and we brush together. She mostly chews on the toothbrush while we actually try to brush. I still think she is teething her 2 year molars but they must be super slow growing because it is taking forever for them to come in.

No comments: