Friday, May 29, 2009

Where have I been?

I haven't been blogging much about Summer, not because she isn't still the most cutest thing ever, not because her vocabulary has exploded, not because I am still totally in love with this little girl, and in fact I am not sure why I haven't mentioned all of those things and more. We just got back from vacation, we flew to Oklahoma City and rode an hour to Lawton. We had a layover so ended up taking 4 flights total. Summer slept on the first flight, was a zombie for the second but we had gotten up around 4:00 am that morning, then she slept on the ride to Lawton for that hour. There were so many people around my grandma's house that Summer had some issues adjusting, and by issues I mean she became super whiny baby who only wanted mama, mama hold me, mama up up, mama, mama, mama pick me up, but I really didn't mind. The worse part was her cousin Alex, who did nothing wrong really except to be a boy who liked to touch his cousin, which set her off with hysterical crying while we were driving 20 miles to go eat. Car rides and crying hysterically are never a good thing. I think by the end of the trip, 6 days later, Summer had finally adjusted to the people, and by people, we counted 13 people in the kitchen at the same time one day, and she was more use to her cousins, who weren't as big and scary as they seemed. We had two flights back home again with the layover, both were fine but no sleeping. Oh wait there was a short nap on the first flight. Summer was happy to see daddy and papa when we arrived in Vegas and was ecstatic to see the house and all her things. I have no future trips planned, which daddy will tell you is a good thing because Summer was horrible for the next two days while she adjusted to being home, or so I guess that is why she was so cranky. We have a play date with Ana and Chloe tomorrow, we may go swimming if the water cooperates, and by cooperating I mean be very warm, 88 and up would be wonderful, but I have a feeling I am going to freeze instead. Oh well I can do it for my baby!

No comments: