Thursday, November 18, 2010

Have you ever wondered ....

Have you ever wondered what exactly it is that I do with all of the photos I take of Summer, I mean sure most people take a lot of photos but do I scrapbook? I do actually, digitally! When I first started taking pictures of Summer I knew I wanted a record but what would be best for me? After seeing a digital Shutterfly photo book I knew that I had to have one of those, or two, or more! I would love to sit down and scrapbook with paper and pens but I know myself - I am too picky and a perfectionist and the books are a little large, especially for as many as I would need. How many do I need? Need or want? I ended making 4 books for each year for the first three years, plus two additional books for vacations (Disney Land and the first time at the beach) so a total of 14 books. Actually I redid the first book because I decided to add more pages, and I have sent 3-4 books as gifts so I think that brings my photo book making experience up to like 18-20. Every three months until the age of 3 Summer had a detailed photo book filled with pictures. I am not sure what I am going to do next, if I continue this tradition she is going to end up with a bookshelf filled with photo books! I might try making one book for every 6 months but then I end up not using so many pictures. The dilemma of being a photogenic child I guess.

Shutterfly is a really easy site, besides making photo books I have also made a few other gifts like mugs, cards, mouse pads, collage prints, holiday cards, shirts ... just to name a few. I like how easy it is to upload your photos, have all the photos and projects save, and order. If you have never made a photo book you should really check it out, for me it is much easier to do online that it would be to order materials and have to sit and create pages and ideas on my own since it can do it all for you (plus it looks really nice).

For Christmas I have already ordered several items from Shutterfly - I am getting my mom a ... wait my mom reads my blog! Well let's just say that several family members will be receiving gifts from me that I created on Shutterfly. Personalized gifts are just so much more fun, don't you agree?

In the meantime I have to figure out what I am going to do now that Summer turned 3, do I continue to make 3 months worth of photo books, do I wait and make a 6 month book, do I only make books for special occasions. I will figure it out eventually, my pictures are all here waiting for me to bring them to life, in the meantime here are some links to some of my favorite Shutterfly products:
If you end up making something let me know, I love seeing what other people create, it gives me ideas. If you have used Shutterfly before and want to get some free cards, Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly http://bit.ly/sfly2010

I guess I am off to take more pictures, I always need those!

No comments: