Saturday, November 6, 2010

Throwing Up

This morning at exactly 7:42, well I think, somewhere just before 8:00 AM, I heard Summer wake up, get out of bed, open the gate, come down the stairs and into our room and announce WAIT - before I tell you what she said let me tell you how she normally wakes up, normal is closer to 7:00 where she yells from her bed "MOM IS IT TIME TO WAKE UP?" to which I say Yes as I stumble out of bed and meet her at the bottom of the stairs, so as she was walking into our room I thought to myself, wow this is nice, she can come crawl back in bed with us, until she announced that she had thrown up in her bed and it was all over her hair and arm and she was sick. I decided it wouldn't be a good idea for her to crawl into our bed and I had better get up and clean her up. Luckily she was in high spirits and thought it pretty cool to have gotten sick, to be sick actually, because her friend was just sick and now she was sick like her friend. I guess - kids.

She had thrown up sometime earlier in the night because chunks of dinner were stuck in her hair. I had her get in the shower and washed her hair twice, conditioned it once, to no avail, pieces were still there but I figure they were clean by that point right?

She felt pretty good most of the morning, threw up again in the toilet before she made it out of the bathroom, threw up again in a bucket while watching cartoons, and again all over her bed, again on the couch while napping to Alice in Wonderland, which is good because I really don't think that movie is a kid movie, I put it on because she wanted to watch it knowing she was going to fall asleep.

Anyway here it is 1:31 and she has been asleep for about 30 minutes, and therefore hasn't puked in the last half hour. I hope she is starting to get over it, she wakes up hungry and eats then throws it all back up. She has been drinking a lot of water but not like it stays down. At least she doesn't have a fever, at least her friend had it so I know what to expect!

Until she is better we are staying home and (not spending money) and hanging around the house. Laying on the floor ... or on the couch with a throw up bucket under her arm and her butt in the air.



Whatever works. I figure I will probably get it soon and so I am eating a ton of Halloween candy in preparation. Hah, likely excuse!

No comments: