Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shopping & Holidays

Today was a busy day, so busy I never had time to pick up the camera, even to take a picture of the very nice rainbow we had - it was thick and colorful but by the time we finished shopping 6+ hours later, I was wiped out! I guess that is not completely true, I did use my phone to take a picture of Summer this morning wearing a really cute hat she won in the Denny's hand grabbing thing that most people just give money too - so that was something! Of course by winning I mean she won it on the second .50 try, of course after she won my husband and father in law figured they could get lucky again, there goes another .50 x 3, so for a total of $2.50 she got a hat. Not really free but still, she felt like a winner and breakfast was good.


We went to the mall today and guess who is already there - Santa! I have no idea why he is in town so early but we were not really ready for him, I mean look above at how Summer was dressed, not really fitting to see Santa, we shopped around with the thought of buying a new dress but Summer had pink boots on and I would have had to buy new boots and that was getting a bit expensive so we determined it would be best to come back another day when it could be planned better. Somehow Summer was ok with this plan - luckily. She really wanted to see Santa and to hug him and tell him she wants her two front teeth and a hippopotamus for Christmas ... I need to work on her list with her too before we go.

As you can see we have been busy listening to Christmas music while in the car, today we were in the car a lot - hopefully a lot of words sunk in. I really want Summer to enjoy singing in front of old strangers. I will spend more time with her probably after we get through Thanksgiving week. I still have to buy oh EVERYTHING but I am planning on doing it tomorrow. In preparation I cleaned out my fridge, watched 3 online video's about making the turkey, copied down recipes, cleaned my kitchen - wait I didn't clean my kitchen in preparation for next week, I just cleaned it because it was dirty, but it did sound good huh. Anyway I am having a friendly get together for some mommies on Tuesday, that includes a pot luck lunch, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to destroy my house right before I need to start cooking, and shopping, I need to get a ham too I guess on Wednesday. Never a dull moment, or a moment to rest apparently!

Besides all of that, I am booking myself photo shoots all month long, I am almost out of weekends! I have a few days available during the week, which doesn't seem to work well for most people unfortunately. I guess being busy is good, I shouldn't complain and really I am not - no really :o)

I will be sharing all kinds of things with you over the next few weeks, Summer has a ton of things happening, I plan on baking, shopping, parties, friends, you know the drill. Stay tuned.

No comments: