Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it the prenatal pills?

For the last two days I have felt ill. My stomach is a little upset and I am trying not to move around much because I feel like I will throw up. I have heard that some women get sick at the end of their pregnancy, I do not want to be this person. I did take two prenatal vitamins over the course of the last 2 or 3 days and I really think they might be the reason I feel so ill. I feel guilty not taking them but I try to eat vegetables everyday :o)

I had two appointments this week, on Monday I had to go to the base to be monitored. They sit you in a chair and hook you up to monitors, one reads your contractions or your uterus while the other monitors your baby's heart beat. In a matter of a maybe 15 minutes (or 30?) your baby had to have an increase in heartbeat. The normal resting heartbeat for a baby is around 140-150, a waking moving baby has a heartbeat around 160-170. Let's just say that I had no problem passing this test, this little spicy baby moves all the time. That appointment was at 8:45 in the morning and by 2:00 pm she was still moving around, which doesn't help my ill feeling any.

Today I had another growth scan. Kris took off and went with me, I think he was impressed with all the stuff the tech explains while they are doing their exam. We saw the heart, the blood flow, the placenta, the brain, the stomach, arm and leg bones, amino fluid, and so much more. I am measuring correctly and this little Pepper is already about 4 1/2 pounds. The doctor said I didn't need him anymore and would probably have her in about 5 weeks. I was like, excuse me? I am only 32+ weeks. Now that I think about it that would only make me 2 weeks early which isn't even considered early. Let's hope this doctor is really good at making guesses like that because I would love to go 2 weeks early!

Oh and I forgot to mention my blood pressure, both days it was low, like 115/75 or something. I just might not end up with any blood pressure issues this time!

All this talk about having a baby in 5 weeks made Kris start thinking about planning, which is rather funny to me because I am the planner - not him, but he said I should just go ahead and schedule a c-section so we can all be ready. I really want to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarian) this time for several reasons, the recovery time is so much easier, I want to experience contractions and labor, even if I do end up with an epidural, I just want to see how tough, or how wimpy I am, and it is safer. Kris is worried he may miss the birth if I go natural but for now I am just going to hope things work out for the best. Pepper isn't breach so there shouldn't be anything preventing me from having a natural birth, unless I don't go into labor on my own but I don't see that as a problem. While having the ultrasound exam the doctor asked if I felt that contraction and I said No. Well Yes I did feel it I just didn't realize it was a contraction. My stomach got tight but it didn't hurt. Apparently, since learning what having a contraction feels like, I have been having them randomly all day. Yay!

Oh and did you catch that, her name is going to be Pepper. Pepper ... well we don't have a middle name yet. She moves around so much I call her my little spicy baby so the name Pepper just sticks. Most people I tell really like it and think it is cute. I am sure some will not but it will grow on them. When we were discussing the name I asked my niece if it was ok to use the name because her daughters name is Pyper and they will be about a year apart, luckily she didn't mind.

I did get more ultrasound photos today but they are about the same, we did get a cute one of the hand open that looks like a wave. I also got my breast pump pieces yesterday and boiled them and washed them all today. I feel like I am almost ready, I have my baby shower this weekend and that should be a lot of fun. My mom will be here this weekend and I am going to have her help me get a few things ready. I feel like I can barely walk around without being uncomfortable so having my mom here will help. She is only staying a week but will be back before you know it!

1 comment:

Jessica Roya said...

Crap! Shower is this weekend! VBAC all the way Jessica. You'll do just fine! Just as soon as the contractions get serious get your hubby out there. No home births or car births or anything :-), he just might miss it if he isn't quick.