Saturday, August 18, 2012

9 Months 15 days ago ...

15 days ago Pepper turned 9 months, and well I never blogged about it - oops.  Not that I have to blog each month but I have been so I hate to miss this important milestone, only important because 9 months is a number divisible by 3, and it is equally 3/4 into her first year.  Mostly :o) I have an issue with numbers if you can't tell.


Anyway this photo was taken on 8/3, her 9 month birthday.  We were in Oklahoma and this is my grandma's front yard.  It was early in the morning and about 500 degrees with 99% humidity.  At least it seemed anyway.  At 9 months Pepper was 29 1/2 inches tall, which put her in the 99% for height, I guess she might be tall when she gets older.  She was also 22 pounds.  She eats about 4 7-oz bottles a day and has 3 meals.  She loves bananas, watermelon, well honestly it would be easier to put what she doesn't like - nothing yet that I have discovered.  I thought she didn't like raspberries but she eats them now.  She started clapping, waving and clenching.  Clenching you ask?  Here is a cute video showing how she "clenches" her fists.  She is also shaking her head no in the video, she just started doing that.

She says a few things, mom (moma, ma), ba (baba), ought oh in a very deep husky voice thanks to Kris, and she says Papa.  We are not working very hard to get her to say Dada and Sissy, but we try sometimes.  She also started dancing, you can see that in this video.  She seems to be at the stage where she is starting to really understand.  She is taking two long naps a day now, but still doesn't sleep all night yet.  She needs rocked to sleep for naps and bed, and usually wakes around midnight, cries, and goes back to sleep, then wakes again around 2-3 and needs her pacifier, then wakes around 5 and I usually put her in Summer's bed and join her for another hour or two of sleep.  Somehow I manage and don't feel tired each day so I can't complain too much, plus last night Kris slept upstairs with her last night and I got to stay in my bed and I slept very well!

We also switched Pepper's car seat yesterday, no more infant seat, now she is in a big girl rear facing seat.  I am going to keep her rear facing until she is at least 2 (new guidelines say it is safer).  Hopefully she doesn't fall asleep as much in it since I can't take this seat out.  No doubt there is more but that is all I can think of for now - so I will update more later!

No comments: