Saturday, December 22, 2012

Date Night

Last night we had a date night.  A night without the kids - eating - together - alone, well just the two of us and all the other people in the restaurant ....

We tried this new place called Texas de Brazil.  All I knew was that it had a lot of meat.  I really don't like meat much, in fact when I thought about it I realized my first choice from the food group would be vegetables, followed by breads/grains, then fruits, dairy, and meat would be last, but Kris was really excited and I like trying new places so he made our reservation for 6:15.

We arrived at 6:05.  We saw people come in who did not have reservations get turned away!  We waited until 6:17 to be seated (maybe 6:18).  Our waiter was not American/English and when he started  speaking I started to smile because I was having a heck of a time understanding what he was saying.  I thought I was going to start laughing, which would have probably been rude, but luckily I pulled myself together.  As he was explaining how things worked he mentioned drinks.  I thought he said they were free but once we got our bill they were not haha but that is ok, again, hard to understand!  Of course Kris said he understood him just fine but wasn't sure what he said about drinks either.

We headed over to the salad bar and I filled up my plate and did not get any salad.  It was an amazing salad bar full of mostly veggies and cheeses and yummy things!  I was told to avoid the salad bar so you could get more meat but I actually made two trips to this delicious yummy salad bar.

Salad Bar: Brazilian Shrimp, Prosciutto, Mushrooms, Risotto, Artichoke and Palm Hearts, Cauliflower Salad, Olives, Asparagus, and more hiding underneath!  There was also a grilled Pepper, that was extremely hot~!
We had so much fun eating!  You turned over this card and guys with meat swarmed you asking if you wanted this and that.  At first we took a little of everything expecting to try it all but after awhile we realized that we were getting pretty stuffed!  My favorite meat was probably the bacon wrapped chicken and the garlic something beef, like a filet mignon.  

Me and one of the meat carver guys
At one point during our meal some guy dropped off some mashed potatoes and fried bananas.  I said wait we didn't order these and he said they were to cleanse our palettes.  Kris also really liked the lobster bisque, I did not, I thought it was pretty gross (fishy).

I also decided to try an alcoholic drink that had mango and something and it was BLEH, but I am not much of a drinker and it tasted a lot like alcohol.  What I did enjoy drinking was the sangria, it was so yummy and delicious!  I am not even sure how many I had because we got a pitcher and the waiter kept refilling my glass and I kept drinking it.  I felt it too - I was quite a bit tipsy when we left but I didn't want to waste it - even as stuffed as I was I wanted to keep drinking it!


Kris had to pay the bill when we were done too - imagine that!


Our bill was higher than normal because of our drinks (that I thought were free) but that was ok, the one was delicious and worth it.  We also got a 15% military discount :o)


We will definitely go back but not too soon, we way overate!  We decided to make this a new tradition too - right before Christmas.  This is also going to be our "take someone to impress them" place, we can't wait for someone to come visit so we can go again.

I never blog about us huh, well there ya go!

No comments: