Monday, July 2, 2007

Breach Turning

Well I went in to see if the doctor could turn Summer today. After getting naked, putting on a robe, getting an IV, giving blood, getting a shot to relax my uterus and waiting over an hour, the doctor comes in and gives it his best three shots to turn her stubborn butt but ... nope, she wasn't having any of it.

It was not the most painful thing I have ever done, but there were some times when his damn thumb was jabbing me and I was like ouch ouch ouch and tensing my stomach, which I am sure did not help anything.

So the plan now is to come back on July 24th (the day before my due date) and get an epidural and try again. If she finally turns, I will be induced and hopefully deliver. If she does not turn, I will be prepped for a c-section.

I must admit, I was (am) really surprised how opposed to c-sections the doctor is. I am glad, I think too many doctors are just ready to go into major surgery. I am also happy to have a date, it is nice knowing when your baby will arrive.

No comments: