Monday, July 23, 2007

Things I have learned ...

  • Not everything goes as planned. I was scheduled to be induced on the 24th, but my water broke on the 13th.
  • I was in the hospital 2 days with my c-section, and not once got into my hospital bag. I also did not pack a baby bag, and the nurses told me just to use their things. They had all the diapers, outfits, blankets, wipes, and I didn't have to use my own things. They also had a toothbrush and toothpaste, and soap in the shower, so I didn't need any of that. I also didn't need a nightgown or my own bathrobe. I am glad I didn't stress over getting that bag packed! Of course a vaginal delivery might be different.
  • I didn't expect ot have the baby in my room all night, I thought they took them to the nursery, but no, I had Summer all night, and I am glad, we bonded :o)
  • I thought I would be in a lot more pain, but I really never had any, I am glad!
  • It is really boring to stay home all day, babies sleep too much :o)
  • I had all the baby furniture, clothes, baby items in the nursery (upstairs) and slowly it is moving down into my room (the changing table, clothes, diapers, blankets, etc).
  • It is hard to take a nap in the day. Everyone says to nap when the baby does, but even though I am exhausted, I have trouble sleeping during the day!
  • I never knew how much love I could have for a baby. I am so protective of Summer, and so in love, it amazes me.

1 comment:

marty :)) said...

You are learning a lot in a short amount of time...good for you....I know some that haven't learned anything after years!!! paying attention is key...it was hard for me to nap during the day too until I was pregnant with my 3rd. This pregnancy was so different and with 2 others children it was Sesame Street for Nick and Mindy and nap for me. Even though I am a lot older I still can't nap during the day unless I am not feeling good.
marty....