Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stressful Day


Yesterday was a really stressful day. First, Summer didn't sleep well, she was waking up every 2 2 1/2 hours so I didn't get much sleep. Then we had the two week check up at 1:30, so the stress of getting everything ready, and getting to the appointment on time is always fun. At her appointment we found out that she was not 7 pounds 11 ounces when she was born, she was more likely 7 pounds 6 ounces. The hospital uses grams, so they did not calculate her weight correctly. As of yesterday she is up from her birth weight, I think 7 pounds, 8 ounces. She is also now 21 1/2 inches long, up from her birth of 18 1/2 inches long. She checked out just fine, but had to have another blood test, which consist of slicing her foot and milking it for blood. I could not hold her to do it, Kris had to, it was too painful for me (I was almost crying) and yet, she barely made a noise. Oh ya, also, her belly cord came off yesterday, I was changing her diaper and it just came off. I have no clue what you are suppose to do with it, do you keep it or just throw it away?
Anyway, after the doctor appointment, we picked up Terri and Kevin (meemee and papa) and went out to eat at the Outback. The food was great. Summer did good, she even had a bottle while we were at the table. I had to change her diaper, and the bathroom did not have a changing area, so I used the area between the sinks, good thing the diaper bag has a changing pad! Once we got home, Summer got her first bath! She actually liked it, she had a look of "this is new" on her face, but it was so cute and she smelled so yummy! I was in bed by 8:00 and luckily, slept better last night ;o)

No comments: