Friday, August 3, 2007

Loving It All

Summer is three weeks old today, and I am still in love with her, and being a mom. I am amazed to discover a new secret in life, something that many people already knew, but I would never see until I had my own baby, the secret of a new love. My emotions have always been guarded and hidden, but when I had Summer, something in me was unleashed, and I find myself overwhelmed with feelings of love that I could have never imagined. I can now look at other mothers and understand something that I never could have known, the deep emotional love a mother can have for her child. When I look at Summer, it amazes me to know she is mine, she is depending on me to take care of her in every way, and as scary as it is, I have become a protective mother, ready to do anything for my child. The harsh reality is, she will eventually grow up and leave me. I look at the relationship I have with my own mother, and I now understand how my mom can love me as much as she does. I also feel sad for my mom, because I grew up and left her, and it must have been really hard for her, and yet I never looked back when I left.

No comments: