Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am not ready for this!

Last night after dinner I decided to take Summer to the duck park. I was so tired but knew if I didn't I would just lay around and be miserable so that was the plan. I took her into the bathroom because we needed a new diaper and clothes and she said, "I want to go potty". I never deny her the chance to sit on her little pink toilet, after all I didn't buy it to be used as a floor decoration, so I took her shoes, socks, pants and diaper off and let her sit while I got my socks and shoes on. She sat, she sat, she sat, she got up but then sat. I wanted to go to the park so I told her to come on and get a diaper on but she didn't want to - she wanted to sit. I was a little annoyed to be honest, I am such an impatient person and she clearly was not going but I waited and she farted, or as we tell her to say, tooted. I thought to myself, maybe she does have to go. 5 or so minutes went by and she gets up and said all done, to which I thought FINALLY we can get your dressed and go to the park. Then I noticed green poop down her leg! I looked in the toilet and sure enough she went - eww and it was kinda runny and I guess when she jumped up some flew on her leg. I was shocked, how in the world did she knew she needed to go and know to come do it on the potty??? I cleaned her and the potty, praised her, offered to go get her some candy for doing such a good job (pieces of a broken sucker that I slowly give her). I am not ready and she may not be, it could have just been one of those things but I told Kris to keep encouraging her today and remind her. We will see if he does, however I am still proud of her. I didn't think to take a picture like Jon and Kate either ewww haha.

No comments: