Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baking Cookies

Summer and I baked cookies yesterday - finally. Last year I baked about 15 different batches of cookies, so far this year I have made 2, and one was no bake chocolate. I am trying not to eat as bad as last year, but mostly I just haven't had time to bake. Now that Summer has given up naps I have a little bit more time.

Summer wanted mint cookies, I have mint chips so I modified the Nestle's normal recipe and added about 1/4 c mint chips. I reduced the chips from 2 cups to 1 cups and still used about 1 cup of nuts. They are good, some of the best cookies I have ever made, or we have ever made because Summer did everything with me.

When we scooped the last cookie on the baking sheet I told Summer she could lick the bowl, the mostly empty bowl. She took out the scooping spoon, picked up the big mixing bowl and was about to try to literally lick the insides. Hah, child, use your fingers.

She had one baked cookie and managed to get chocolate all over her hands and face. I don't know how in the world she did that, really, look at this messy face!



She enjoyed it, that is all that matters. I hope to find time to bake a few more batches, I need to give some to the mail lady, yard guys, trash guys, bottled water guy, bug guy ... all those guys.

No comments: