Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I guess I have been so busy photographing other people that I haven't been taking many pictures of Summer. Plus, it gets dark around 5:00 and the best time to shoot outside is around 4:00, which is when Summer would be napping, would because she seems to be outgrowing naps. It is way too early, everything I read says to keep them napping as long as you can, but she just isn't tired, even with all the running and playing we do!

We are so busy over the next four weeks, insane busy I tell ya! Besides our normal dance classes (2 on Mondays) Summer has 4 extra to prepare for the upcoming recital. Not only does she have a recital, she also has 2 extra shows around that time. Not to mention the 2 holiday carol singing events I scheduled at the nursing homes, which are coming up this week. I hope she knows the songs, but I think she does, we have been listening to the same 8 songs over and over and over every single time we go somewhere in the car. Yet I still don't know all the words to Deck the Halls or Away in the Manger, hmmm.

We also have a holiday party this weekend, I am looking forward to that! That reminds me, I want to see if a friend wants to dress as Santa and come over ... anyway I have been so busy I just finished ordering my holiday cards yesterday. We took the pictures for the cards yesterday. I haven't finished Christmas shopping but there is still time for that. Summer is getting a trampoline from Santa, the UPS guy already delivered it, it is sitting in the garage in two huge boxes (free shipping thank goodness) and Daddy and Papa are doing their best to restrain themselves, they both want to go put it up. NO not until Christmas Eve! Men ...

Right now Summer is watching Tinkerbell, the third one I think - I am going to make her watch a movie during her regularly scheduled nap time in the hopes that she falls asleep, which is unlikely, or at least so I know she rested for a bit.

So - I leave you with a few pictures I took last week sometime when we baked our first batch of cookies. Many more to come, maybe, maybe not as many as last year.


No comments: