Tuesday, August 16, 2011

26 Weeks


I know I need to take a real picture but look at that belly, well look at how small my feet look. And I am wearing socks because my heals are extremely dry - thanks to the lovely Las Vegas humidity, or lack thereof. So what can I complain about this week?

Actually besides last night I have been feeling pretty darn good. My energy level seems to be up some and I haven't had any complaints, except for last night. I think at most I slept two hours before waking to annoying leg or foot cramps. I went to bed at 9:30, got up at 10:00, walked around, back to bed, up at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:40, and finally up for good at 7:00. Today I took a vitamin and I am trying to drink a lot of water in hopes that the leg cramps go away. I didn't really walk a lot yesterday either so I am not sure why I have them. I eat decent and I take vitamins too ...

You would think that I would be exhausted but so far I seem to have good energy. Of course the day has only started, who knows how it will end up, for now I am staying positive and I hope I can get my house clean. I am on my second load of laundry, I have cleaned my bathroom toilet, I did the dishes, I want to do sheets and maybe do more in my bathroom, I want to paint some shirts today and water the flowers out front. I think I can do it.

I am going to have a baby shower on October 1st thanks to my friends. I knew I would be having one, even though I don't need a lot because my friends and I are very big into having parties and if we find a reason to have a party all the better. Once they found out I was pregnant they already began planning this baby shower. I am - scared. Even though this baby is very much alive, very much moves around all day, in fact 4 of my friends felt her kicking and punching yesterday because she was squirming around for over an hour, I still can't imagine having another baby in 3 months. It still doesn't seem real, or it still seems like something bad could happen. Regardless I am enjoying the pregnancy as much as I can, she has a name, mostly, I call her Cora right now. I was talking to her the other day as she kicked around asking her if she was kicking me here and there but I guess until the very end I will probably have my doubt. I do have to go register, and I will need a lot of stuff, little stuff, sheets, clothes, towels, bibs, things like that, but it is really hard making myself do it, because of all the what ifs. What do you do after a shower if you lose a baby, do you give all the gifts back somehow? I don't really dwell on it a lot, or I try not, I will wait until September and go register somewhere I guess.

Can you believe I am having another baby?

No comments: