Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2 pounds, 14 ounces

Today I had a doctor appointment at the high risk clinic to get a growth scan. Basically an ultrasound where they measured the baby to determine how big she is and to make sure she is growing like she should be. First they took my blood pressure, 114/76 - perfect! I guess it isn't going up yet, or maybe it won't! The ultrasound tech showed me everything and explained what we were looking at, I swear I think they must see in 2D as much as she could see. I did find out the position of the baby and it wasn't really what I thought. She is head down but over on the right side of my body and her face is facing left. Her back is all along my right side, her butt is in my upper right corner just under my right boob. Her little legs are up top on the left side under my other boob. So basically she is in an upside down L type position. Sorta, because one of her legs was over her face for some of the exam. And for some of the exam her legs were crossed. I can't picture it. Anyway she is still a girl and still quite nameless. She was sleeping when the exam began and her resting heartbeat was 147. She, of course, woke after being poked on and because I was laying on my back she tends to wake up when I lay like that. I got to see her bones, her heart, her kidneys, her brain, and a few other things that you wouldn't expect to see, like her eyelids. While being examined I also found out that the very annoying feeling I sometimes get is her legs pushing out against my stomach. I guess maybe she stretches. Oh and I also got to see her swallowing a few times, and she stuck out her tongue. I saw a lot in the 20 or so minutes it took to do the exam.

Anyway everything was fine, she is measuring right on, her heart and brain looked good to the tech and doctor, so I go back in 4 more weeks to get another growth scan. I will also have to start going weekly to be monitored at that point, and that I am not looking forward too because that is when you just sit there and they need the baby to move so many times in a certain amount of time, it is just boring. But I will do what I must, and here are the photos from today.

I know most people like the profile picture best but this one is neat, the chin, nose and lips! And I am guessing a hand off to the side. Her little mouth is open, isn't that a unique u/s photo?

I think they gave me about 5-6 profile photos. They all look the same to me, so I just picked one lol.

At first she had her leg somehow over her face so the doctor basically smacked her in the butt a few times to get her to move it lol, and he wasn't gentle. Of course she didn't cry that I could tell haha and she moved her leg so we could get this photo!

I wonder if she looks like Summer? I need to go get her 4D ultrasound photo from when she was 29 weeks and compare ...

I still can't believe I am having a baby. I still can't believe I don't have a name for her yet. I still can't believe I have so much longer to wait!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I think I like the up the nose shot best, myself! :)