Friday, March 9, 2012

4 month appointment

What a great 4 month doctor appointment today! This was the first time we saw the pediatric doctor and she was also amazing. Even the shots didn't seem as bad today. Pepper weighed in at 15.2 pounds in the buff. I guess I was weighing her a bit on the large side at home. She is 25 1/2 inches long, and her head is 41 centimeters. The doctor looked at her teeth and saw the white things I noticed that are on the top side of her gums and said it was something, and not to worry about it. She listened to how much she is drinking (about 6 - 6 oz bottles a day) and said that was ok. Her spitting up, not to worry about that either. She flipped her on her stomach and was happy at how strong she is, and was a bit surprised we don't do more tummy time with how well she is doing holding herself up. I had a concern about how much she spits up when she is on her stomach and she said it was ok and she might actually digest better so we might put her on her tummy more. I had planned on giving Pepper tylenol before her shots to help with the pain but the doctor said it wouldn't help and in fact they did a study that babies who had tylenol prior to vaccines developed less antibodies against them, so good, no tylenol - which I don't like to give anyway. I also had a concern about the formula she is on, the similac sensitive and she said not to worry about it. We discussed solids, and since Pepper has such great neck control she was all for starting when I felt ready. I think we will try to wait until she reaches 5 months, 6 if I can keep her satisfied. I filled out the 4 month evaluation and the only think Pepper isn't doing all the time is laughing but the doctor wasn't worried and said that if Summer did it at 3 months she was actually a little advanced. Pepper will smile, and go ha, just one ha, not the happy ha ha haha ha yet. We work on it too, trying new ways to get her to laugh. She gets so tickled that her whole body will jerk in a happy way but she just won't make the sounds yet. Her ears were clean, lungs and heart sounded good, no clicking in her hips, and if anything the doctor made me feel like she is ahead of others her age. Maybe they all do that, anyway I was happy when I left. We went to a different room to do the shots and as if Pepper knew it was coming she started crying before he even started but somehow I think that made it better, it made her cry not as dramatic when she got the shots. This guy also gave her one, two three, where the last time they had two docs give them to her at the same time, which you would think would be better but maybe not?

Here she was a few minutes ago on the floor. It doesn't seem like her legs hurt. Of course I hate to touch her there and she has Band-Aids to remind me. Every time I accidentally grab her leg I go OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO SORRY lol.

We go back in two more months, I guess I can probably handle it :o)

No comments: