Wednesday, April 4, 2012

5 Months Old

She is 5 months! I love 5 months, so much better than 1-4 months because she can do so much more. She can sit in her exersaucer and play, she is starting to sit up on her own, and she is getting so big - literally! At home she weighed a whopping 18.5 pounds! My scale was off almost a pound from the one at the doctors office, so she might only be 17.5 pounds, but that is still about a 2+ pound gain in one month. She is also 26 inches long. As if turning 5 months meant something, she slept 7+ hours last night, only waking up once for her bottle. Of course I am happy but concerned, that means she missed a whole 6 oz, and I don't want her to waste away :o) She also rolled over from back to tummy this morning while I was in the shower. Mostly, she was all the way over but she was sorta laying on her arm. When I looked again she had rolled back onto her back. We just got a high chair and I had planned on starting food as soon as she turned 5 months, but eh, I may wait a little longer. She has already tried avocado, banana, and a frozen peach. She didn't seem to like any of it but it could just be the idea of food and not so much the taste. I did buy a box of oatmeal/cereal and one night I thought I would try to add some to her formula, because some people do that. I added about 1/2 tablespoon to her 6 oz of formula. I gave her the bottle, she seemed content so I figured she liked it. Then I realized that she was sucking but nothing was coming out! I either needed to add less or cut the nipple? I have no clue so I figured I better not do it lol, she doesn't need it I guess and as I have read there isn't much health benefit to using rice cereal so I doubt oatmeal is much better. Here are a few pictures of Pepper from yesterday.





1 comment:

Charity Ragland said...

She's such a doll, I love the bunny photo....I too am loving 5-6 months, they are so much fun!