Thursday, April 12, 2012

Children

Why do people want children and what is the reason for wanting more? When I was pregnant with Summer I knew that I would only want one child, and I would only end up with one. Well I thought I would but after having her and enjoying her so much I decided I really wanted another one. I had hoped that the horrible pregnancy would be unique to Summer, it wasn't, but Pepper was still worth it. Now that I have two girls I am pretty sure, like 99.5% sure, that I am done having children. There are several reasons to stop here - I am older (I turned 36 a few days ago), and I have horrible pregnancies, and ... well those are two pretty good reasons to be done. Yet part of me still wants more kids, or at least one more. And no, I don't necessarily want a boy either, I would actually prefer another girl. I can't think of one good reason to have another, and I am surprised I would even consider it, even if the consideration is only .05%, because Pepper was not an easy baby. Nothing about her has been easy. She started crying all the time when she turned 2 days old, and not to mention how horrible my breast feeding experience was (a topic for another discussion), so why in the world would I even think about it? AND let's not forget two very unique emergency c-sections. I don't know - what is with women? If I was even going to seriously consider it I would want to wait until Pepper was at least 3 and by then I will be way older than 36! I just think babies are kinda addictive, there is something about them that makes you feel a sense of greater purpose, each baby brings a new person to love and a new person to mold. Luckily I have such a great husband, he didn't want children but let me have one, then he fell in love with her and was on board for #2, and he doesn't really care if I want to have a #3. You think he would, I am miserable pregnant, and I get fat, and I get moody, and he has to help a lot more, but he will do whatever I want, well whatever we want, but for now I don't want another one, at least today, and probably tomorrow. I still need time to figure this #2 child out, find out what she is going to be like, make sure she isn't a difficult toddler. I need to grow into her like I grew into Summer. Maybe in 2 more years, if I find myself to be a healthy 38 year old, who still wants to have another child, well I would be crazy, but hey, crazy people are happy people sometimes :o)

Speaking of crazy people, Summer wanted to go swimming, or play in the sprinklers earlier this week. It was about 85 degrees but it was a bit breezy. Why not, it's not like she would be out there long anyway. Not only did she play in the splash pad, that the Easter bunny brought for Pepper, but Pepper wanted to join her. How in the world do children handle such cold water? Pepper never acted like the water was cold - painfully cold. Summer actually cried because she was so cold, while sitting in the cold water, crying, yet wanting to stay in it lol. I hate cold water, I hate swimming because the water is cold. Sure it doesn't feel as cold after you get in, but the getting in part sucks, I hate it. Maybe you warm up when you move around but you have to stop sometimes and I always get cold! I just don't get it but I also get cold very easily and I don't like being cold one bit! I guess the point is both girls had a good time, they were happy and they didn't end up sick. Crazy I tell ya!







No comments: