Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween

October has been a great month. It is still warm, I can go outside without a jacket, of course it will be cold soon. Friday night we went to dinner. Summer was really awake and active so we held her while we ate our appetizer. Soon Summer started getting tired, and we quickly discovered we did not bring her pacifier. I remember getting the pacifier ready and bringing it into the kitchen, but I guess that's where it stayed because we did not have it. Summer was starting to get fussy so I thought maybe I could rock her to sleep, then Kris suggested I use my finger as a pacifier, and after about 5 minutes of sucking on my finger, she was out cold. Our dinner came, we ate, then we went grocery shopping. She woke up while we were shopping but she was fine and just looked around. I wouldn't say she is a pacifier baby all the time, but it definitely helps sooth her while she is trying to fall asleep.
Saturday afternoon I had a brilliant idea, let's put Summer in a bowl, fill it up with our Halloween candy, and take pictures! Kris thought our bowls were too small, so I used a basket instead. I searched for a cute outfit and found a great green and pink outfit that actually said "candy mouse" on it (I have no clue what the mouse part means) so we used it. 4 bags of candy later, an orange towel and some great photos. Unfortunately Summer was too distracted by all the colorful candy papers so she really didn't look up much, but we got a great picture of her covered in candy and smiling away. We were going to let her taste one, but nah.
Our yearly Halloween party was last night, I think we had great costumes, and the party was a lot of fun. Summer was adorable in her little raggedy ann bunting costume, and I was really amazed she even kept the hat on without any problems. The costume was a little hot, but she did great. She only cried once when she was hungry, I was playing the plunko game and I probably would have won had it not been for her distracting me. Overall it was a great day, great weekend, we all had a lot of fun. I can't wait for next year, we are going to create a haunted house!

1 comment:

jcke said...

Such a Great Family!