Monday, November 26, 2007

Traveling with a Baby

It is over, the holiday trip to Oklahoma was a success, and so am I! I traveled alone with a 4 month old and survived to blog about it. The airport was not as busy as I thought, but I still arrived over 2 hours early. No one was in line at the ticket counter, nor the security line while leaving Las Vegas. I did not know what to expect, but I had to put everything through the security screening, the diaper bag, the car seat, the stroller, my jacket and shoes (I forgot to take my shoes off). I wasn't allowed to bring the bottled water for formula, but I had premade formula with me and I could buy water once I was past security. Summer was outstanding on the plane, she slept for the first hour, woke up and ate, and didn't cry. It was only a 2 hour flight so it really wasn't that bad. She had no issues with the pressure, I made sure she was sucking on the pacifier during take off and landing. Once we arrived in Oklahoma it was FREEZING! Summer slept on the ride from the city to Lawton (a little over an hour) and we arrived at grandma's house around 6:00 pm. Everyone was happy to see her and meet her for the first time, in fact they took Summer and ignored me, which was a first! I really didn't mind. Summer got to meet a whole bunch of people, family, friends: (Frannie, Pop, Bobby, Mande, Jordyn, Alex, Charlie, Kali, Matthew, Roe, Timmy, Joshua, Charity, Leah, Ariel, Shawn, Grandma Bobbie, Aunt Patty, Ann, Arianna, Shanesia, Olivia, and some people I can't remember names) We spend the weekend in Lawton, had a great busy Saturday and Sunday, and I returned to 65 degree Las Vegas weather today. It feels great to be home, daddy and grandpa really missed this little girl. So far today I unpacked everything, started laundry, downloaded some pictures, and here I am on the computer. I am glad it was a great trip, now time to get back to work and recover.
This picture of Summer is from the Las Vegas airport sitting at the window. Our next trip will probably be in the spring when we go see the other great grandparents in the Texas panhandle, but daddy will accompany us on that trip.

No comments: