Monday, October 12, 2009

37 inches & the Renaissance Festival

Every 3 months I measure Summer to see how much she has grown. Tomorrow is the official 3 month but I couldn't wait so I measured her today. I use the door frame in her room by the closet as my chart and mark it on the frame. From 3 months ago Summer has grown 2 inches, for a grand total of 37 inches tall, that is 3 feet and 1 inch! I can't believe how fast she is growing but I guess that is what little ones do, they grow!

Yesterday Kris and I took Summer to the Renaissance Festival at Sunset Park. We had never been but wanted to check it out. It was hot, we should have brought the stroller but we still had fun walking around looking at all the people dressed up in costumes. I was tempted to buy Summer fairy wings, a skirt, and a bracelet for $35 but really, why do I need those things? I did end up buying her a leather hair thing that easily allows me to put her hair back in what looks like a cute french braid. I will have to fix it and take pictures later.

There were a ton of people at the festival, most were neat and happy looking but this one set really scared Summer, when they walked by she tried to hide between and under Kris's legs. We saw them later and asked Summer to go stand by them and take a picture. I have no clue why my child allowed herself to stand near people she was obviously terrified of but I think it was because they told her to come here haha and then they told her to wave, to which she did. Later she saw them again and said "their not mean" so I guess she got over her fear. It was really cute.



And since it is Monday again I need to think of some things to tell on myself, why not, it makes the blog interesting. Oh well I can't think of anything though .. figures.

No comments: