Saturday, October 10, 2009

Little Pastry Chef

On Tuesday Casey and I took the girls to a bakery so they could decorate their own cupcake and cookies. I wasn't exactly sure if they were ready, mentally and physically, but as it happens most of the time, I was wrong and the girls had a blast. We started with the cupcake, a bowl of white frosting and a mixing utensil. I was surprised Summer even had the coordination to dip the utensil into the frosting and spread it on the cupcake, but she did just fine. I could tell she wanted to eat it and it didn't take long for her hands to find her mouth!


After the frosting was mostly spread on the cupcake the girls were given some sprinkles to decorate.


After the sprinkles were eaten, I mean applied to the cupcake we moved to the cookie and added in some colored frosting in a bag, pink and purple. I was again surprised to see the girls squeeze the frosting bags and apply the frosting on their cookies.

The frosted cookies looked amazing (not really to us adults but I guess it did to the girls) and the temptation to eat the cookies and the frosting was just too much.





We didn't mind, messes make the pictures so much more interesting, and the girls enjoyed every single second.




We will be back again soon.

No comments: