Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celebrate by wearing green

Yesterday was one of those holidays mostly associated with beer and wearing green. Most children don't get excited when they hear it is St. Patrick's day but we decided to change things up this year when my friend Rachel threw a St. Patrick's Day party! I can't begin to tell you how excited I was, I had green on from head to toe and Summer had on a green headband with a green bow and a cute shamrock shirt. The party served some of the yummiest green food and green decorations were everywhere. We even did rainbow colored themes, the fruit tray was a colorful rainbow and the games incorporated a rainbow of colors. It was awesome and Summer and I had so much fun. Here are some pictures from the party, enjoy!

Here is Summer and I out back before the party decked in St. Patrick's day outfits.


Looking as beautiful as always.


An attempt to get the kids posed for pictures.


The really cool rainbow fruit tray I made, ok it wasn't that hard to make :o)


My attempt at face painting - it does look a little like a shamrock.


The rainbow game I invented. I went to a thrift store and bought shirts in rainbow colors. I had the kids run around and yelled out "touch the person with the (red/blue/green/etc) shirt on, and when I called a color they all had to run and touch the person who was wearing that color. The first kid ran when I called his color because everyone was chasing him but then they got the idea and had a lot of fun finding the person with the colored shirt we called. It was actually a lot of fun and a cheap game, the shirts were only $1.


All 5 kids sitting waiting for the game to start, somehow magically they almost sat in order of the rainbow colors, all except one and we adjusted them.


Taking a break from the games outside to come inside and play with dolls, I guess it is a girl thing.


Overall it was a wonderful day, we were at Rachel's house for over 3 hours. Summer never napped yesterday but she was in a good mood all day so I was happy.

No comments: