Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stickers

I thought I liked stickers, well I did like stickers before. Before! Before Summer started sticking stickers on everything, like the rug, her window, her fan, her books, her walls. I try to keep the sticking to a minimum as much as possible. I guess I am kinda anal like that. I had to take the stickers off her mirror and her window because those were just too much for me but I am leaving them on the fan, for now. Not sure they will come off anyway and I don't want to hurt Papa's feelings since it was probably his idea, and technically he bought the fan. If they were spread out evenly across the fan maybe it wouldn't be as bad but they are just everywhere. At least the fan looks like a kid fan now, I guess.

One thing is for certain, stickers are not for faces. Summer let me stick stickers all over her face, then she let me take a few pictures as proof. They were very small stickers with not a lot of stickiness to them but enough sticky that made it a little bit painful to remove - oops, I should have thought of that before I stuck them all over her little face. She didn't cry, it wasn't THAT bad but she kept saying "ouch mommy" so I felt bad as I was taking them off. I guess I could have left them on and they would have eventually fallen off, but again - see the anal comment above.



Even though I hate these stickers, they are a cheap form of entertainment and I continue to buy them. I am sure, like everything else, this phase will pass too and something just as annoying will take its place.

2 comments:

Jessica Roya said...

The sticker phase is a long one. I remember sticker books were all the rage in elementary school. Probably they didn't get stuck all over the house though.

Sherri said...

LOVE IT!
My little one stamped "for deposit only" all over my baby!=)