Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Surgery?

New Years came and went, I took pictures like I always do.



Along with a new year came a new surgery. I expected it since my clogged milk duct never went away, and formed an abscess, and my right side of the right breast was dark red. On a whim I also dried up - no more milk - to see if that would help, but it didn't. That wasn't the only reason I stopped nursing, in fact that wasn't even the main reason though it would be a good enough reason, mostly I stopped nursing because Pepper is doing so much better on formula. She never cries anymore except when she thinks she is starving, which is about every two hours (luckily four hours at night). She drinks anywhere from 4-6 oz depending on, well I have no idea what but she is eating very well except she is on a sensitive tummy formula. I realized one night when she was thrashing and moaning and farting that she must have gas and it must be the formula, and probably my breast milk since I was drinking and eating dairy. Now that she is on the new formula she rarely spits up and isn't having horrible gas anymore. Yay for a happy baby, boo for no more nursing. The last time I nursed was on New Years Eve, she drank for about 10-15 minutes and 2 minutes later spit it all back up, or at least it seemed like she spit it all back up.

Of course I am sad but it really is better for the both of us. I am trying to focus on getting me back together, it seems like I have been to the hospital more in the last three months than most people go in a lifetime. Last week I was there three days, so far two days this week and I have to go back tomorrow. I also have an appointment next Monday for Pepper's 2 month check up. Speaking of 2 months, my little girl is 2 months old today!

Not the best picture but what do you expect, I had surgery today!

No comments: