Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ear Reconstruction

What kind of person has ear reconstruction, I mean really, why couldn't I have done something normal like broken my leg or had my appendix removed.

This is not my ear, I mean, obviously I am not a dude with facial hair, but this is how bad my ear looked earlier today.  I did contemplate not having the reconstruction until I saw how much was actually missing.  That might be a little strange looking to have such a large piece of ear gone.


45 minutes (ish) later and I now have a missing piece of skin from behind my ear attached over my missing spot, 26 ish stitches and a head wrap :o/  I had no clue this little annoying mole was going to cause so much trouble!  I have to go back in a week to have the stitches removed then in two more weeks to have the flap restitched or something.  I kinda quit asking questions after yesterday because the less I know the better.  That whole anxiety thing.  

On the brighter side, at least I have a new experience to share with others.  Or, you know when you say "I wish I could go through this for you" - well I went through it instead of someone else, tho that didn't make me feel much better hehe.  I don't have to wash my hair for two more days, you know because washing hair is so hard.  Ummm in a few years I will look back on this and smile.  Probably not :o).  

I did ask the doctor if he could do fairy ears, funny enough that thought crossed my mind yesterday and Kris asked me this morning if I should get fairy ears.  We have been together way too long!  

When they were bandaging me up and decided a head wrap would be needed, I was like, are you kidding me, a big head wrap?  That makes it a lot harder to hide!!! hahaha


Now to get through the next week and then two more weeks, then hopefully I am done with this mess and can find something else new and exciting to consume me!



No comments: