Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving, a nice happy distraction from the slowly declining weather.  Hey, I can't help it, I struggle to get through to the next summer, the colder months are never easy for me!  I need Halloween and Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day, they give me something to look forward to when things seem so cold outside :o0 yes I am a baby!

Anyway this year we did things a lot different.  For lunch I got a honey baked ham to go with the green rice and sweet potatoes I made, with a side of pecan pie.  For dinner I made deviled eggs and an apple cobbler crumble to take over to the Springston's house where we will be spending our real Thanksgiving dinner.  This apple cobbler crumble is a recipe I had to create myself because I know what I want but could not find it.  If it turns out like I imagine (taste in my mind) I will share it later.

The girls have been decent today.  We made turkey hand shirts a few days ago and they look nice and fit well considering they are a size 10 (instead of 7) and 4 (instead of 3) - thrift store, they are only going to wear them once!

These two turkeys are getting so big.  Sometimes I don't realize how they look until I see them in pictures, especially Summer, sometimes she looks so old in a picture and sometimes I see how young she still is.

I love them to pieces :o) definitely a lot to be thankful for this year as usual!





No comments: