Tuesday, January 15, 2008

6 month check-up

Summer is a BIG girl. First, in the last post I said she was 18 inches long, and I meant 28 inches long! She weighed in at 18 pounds, 14 ounces, so I was about 1/2 pound off, but she is 95% for both her height and weight, luckily her head is still 50%. I asked the doctor if we should be concerned, and she said no, she is just a big girl. At least she is tall and fat, if it was just one I might be more concerned. How in the world could I have such a big baby? She was so small when she was born too!

Last night we tried peas. It was going to be carrots, fresh yummy steamed carrots, but since I boiled it out of water and stunk up the house by burning the carrot juice, I didn't trust the carrots so we did frozen peas instead. I think it was a big hit, she still made some faces and shuttered, but she seemed to actually open her mouth more and I think she enjoyed the peas. We will continue peas for the week and maybe try squash or carrots again next week.

No comments: