Saturday, January 19, 2008

what a week!

Some weeks it seems like nothing happens, and then there are weeks like this one, filled with so many things that I need to talk about, I just don't know where to begin! Rolling, Summer rolls all the time, like she always has been. Funny because it was like overnight that she really started to roll, it isn't as easy to change her diaper or put on an outfit anymore because she won't stay on her back. Crawling, not quite, but I can see she wants it bad, and she is lifting up her butt, but when she does she lowers her chest. Once she figures it out she is going to be all over the place. I am in no rush either, crawling opens up a lot of exciting and scary opportunities for her and us. Solids, Summer is eating, doing good, likes peas, loves bananas, eats pears and didn't have an opinion about the avocado yet. We have also stopped trying to feed her bottle on schedule, which became one less bottle each day, but she eats more during the other bottles. I am no longer worried about her eating enough since she is such a fat little thing. Clothes, I bought Summer a pack of onsies today, 6-9 months, and they are too small. I am going to have to take them back and get 9-12. Crib, we moved the co-sleeper out of our room and moved the crib in, and it was a smooth transition. At first I was getting up to give her the pacifier after ever sound, now I let her make noises and she goes right back to sleep. The only thing I don't like is her rolling issue, she rolled over once in her crib but I saw it and rolled her back over. Walker - Summer is using the walker to move all over downstairs, she will follow you anywhere she can go. I am surprised at how good she is at maneuvering that thing, I have trouble moving it around myself. Whistles - Summer is mimicking grandpa by puckering her lips and blowing in and out. Before long she will be whistling, she is very determined. I pretend she is puckering up because she wants a kiss, I can imagine can't I?
We also bought Summer sippy cups, bowls and some shoes today. She can drink out of a sippy cup but she hasn't been able to hold it herself yet, the bowls are for the food and the shoes looked cool and non slippery, and they were size 3 (6-9 months). I almost feel like she went from 3-6 months and is going to be in 6-9 months for less than a month and move into 9-12 months.
More football games tomorrow, and once we know who is going to the super bowl I will get pictures. I need to borrow some props, a football would be nice, does anyone have one I can use for pictures?

No comments: