Saturday, January 5, 2008

she FELL off the bed

I sat Summer in the center of our king size bed. She was on her tummy playing with some toys, feet facing the end of the bed, head facing forward. I was on the bed inches from her, talking to someone on the phone, filing my fingernails. She somehow managed to scoot herself backwards off the end of the bed. LUCKILY we have the co-sleeper there, so she kinda fell back onto her knees. When I looked up at her, she was smiling at me, leaning forward on the bed, sitting on her knees in her co-sleeper. WHAT THE HELL! I was sitting right next to her and she didn't make any noise at all. I didn't know she could scoot - and backwards...
In the past week Summer started really enjoying tummy time. She has started rocking herself back and forth while on her tummy or sitting up, and while she is on her stomach she can make a complete circle to the left. Now she is scooting backwards, all the way off the bed. A couple times today I went to the bathroom and before I would lay her on the bed, but now I am laying her on the floor right outside the bathroom door! I have a feeling she will be crawling soon. We also saw her roll once from her stomach to her back, so she can roll both ways, but really doesn't do it very often.
Besides prepping to crawl, we have been using the walker a lot, and she has really mastered forwards, backwards, backing up, and getting all over the house. We have already moved a few plants so they don't get knocked over. I am amazed at how well she is doing in that walker, I really didn't think she was ready.
Tonight we took some pictures, I really wanted to use some bows I found in her dresser, and I did everything I could to get it to stay in the hair, but her hair is still too thin and short, the clip kept coming out, so I taped it on her forehead. This is one of the few pictures that you cannot see the tape on :o) What a person will do for a good photo sheesh!

No comments: