Sunday, January 27, 2008

Interesting Weekend

Let's just jump right in to this weekend, well we should probably start with Friday, Daddy was sick, and I was going to wait until he woke up to see how he felt, then I decided to just take Summer to work with me, she is always so good and everyone loves her right. We get to work and she is good in the beginning, then she starts crying whenever anyone else holds her. The doctor said she could develop separation anxiety but I just didn't believe it. I ended up leaving work early because she was really kinda fussy. Friday night we had a get together at a friends, and daddy was still sick and had been in bed all day, so I took Summer alone. Once I get to their house it is time for a bottle, but I never packed a bottle, I thought it was still in the diaper bag from earlier. Summer is fussing when my friends hold her, she is hungry, and Charlene and Nick, my friends, tell me to go home and get a bottle and leave her there.
On the long 10 minute drive home, I am just imagining how horrible it must be for Nick and Charlene, she has separation anxiety and she is starving. It was a really long 20 minute round trip, but when I walk in the door all is quiet. Charlene was giving Summer some water with a sports bottle, using the straw, and Summer seemed fine.
Saturday at 5:00 am Summer wakes up for her bottle like normal but has a temperature! She only had one other fever when she had her four month shots, and that doesn't count as a real cold. We gave her Tylenol and cooled her down with a wet washrag. Saturday morning she still has a fever, so she sleeps most of the day, which was nice because Kris and I stayed in bed until noon, we even sent Cliff to McDonald's to get us breakfast. Overall it was a nice relaxing day, and Summer was sick but felt decent I guess because she was in a pretty good mood considering. She did take a lot of naps, and that evening her fever broke, so it was only a 24 hour bug.
Today I have been busy - I went to walmart for groceries and Valentine's day props, I wanted to start taking pictures! I took about 50 or 60 and got a lot of good shots. Check out the photos on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesca too many to add to the blog this week.
I also bought a squash, a ... what is it called ... butternut squash I think, and I have never bought one of these weird looking things before. I washed it off, I will cut it up in a little bit, steam it, freeze it in the ice tray, and have some new baby food options for next week. I am enjoying the solid feedings, it is not at all like I thought, Summer is not a very messy eater, I usually get one washrag for her face, and she is good to go. In fact I forgot to put a bib on her this morning while feeding the cereal and applesauce and she didn't make a mess. Let's hope it stays that way!

No comments: