Wednesday, January 30, 2008

6 month shots

Daddy and Grampa took Summer to get her six month shots today, and she didn't even cry, but when daddy called and told me I still got tears in my eyes, my poor baby had to get shots. I guess the guy giving the shots distracted her and she almost cried but he got her attention, how great is that!
I have been thinking a lot about how weird it must be to be a baby, like last night for example, I was changing the diaper, and realized I was holding her by one leg, and her leg was up in the air, and half of her body was dangling. That must feel really weird to be picked up by one leg like that, you would think anyway. And while feeding, can you imagine what it would be like to be fed, then have the spoon raked across your lips after you take a bite. I wouldn't think that would be feel real good on the lips.
Anyway I got a video of Summer wanting a drink of water. I am starting to get concerned in a not really sorta way, that Summer is a little spoiled, and is not trying to hold her own bottle or grab a sippy cup because everyone does it for her. Of course how many 13 year olds do you know who can't feed themselves and get their own drinks? It is kinda our fault because when we started giving her the sippy cup we used the kind that had no stopper, so we didn't let her hold it and now she doesn't get the sucking part unless she is tipped back into bottle feeding position, and we can't just give her the cup without the stopper because she will soak herself.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but why worry about the little things, I have bigger things on my mind, like crawling, and cooking a butternut squash. Summer has really started to get up on all fours, but only for a moments so it won't be long now. Butternut squash - that was interesting, I had never bought one of those weird looking things before, and I really didn't know how to prepare it or if I should peel it, so I peeled it and sorta steamed/boiled it. Lucky for me Summer loves it, so I guess whatever I did worked. It also made 10 cubes, which equals 10 meals, you cannot beat that, fresh and cheap! Remember how I said I wanted to make her food so I would eat healthier, that hasn't happened, and I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I have started eating at the kitchen table with her, so that is a plus!

No comments: