Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Disneyland was a hit!

Summer and I had a great visit to Disneyland, I was worried she would be too young but she had a great time. We didn't think we were going to get to go because last Wednesday Papa and Daddy took her to Chuck E Cheese and she woke up Thursday morning with a 100+ fever but I suspected it would be a 24 hour thing and it was, it was over by Friday afternoon.
We left on Saturday around lunch time, I made sandwiches for the drive which was going to take about 4.5 hours. I hoped we could eat, sleep and then we would almost be there. The plan worked fine for Summer, Ana however was awake the entire time but she was really good and quiet. Summer napped for just over an hour and woke up happy as could be. We got to Heather's house in Huntington Beach around 4:30 on Saturday, everyone else had already arrived, Tina and Aubrey, Lauren, her husband, Thomas and baby Josiah and of course Heather, her husband and Marin were there. Summer was shy at first sitting on my lap and just smiling but she finally found her groove and got up and walked around and started playing. We ate a very yummy BBQ, hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit and tater tots, Summer ate wonderfully as I knew she would. We stayed up late, 9:30, just an hour later than normal and Summer was so ready for bed. I used Tina's pack n play and Summer was out within 5 minutes of laying down. I slept good considering how humid it was :o)
On Sunday we slept in, we were not in a rush to get to the park, I heard Summer talking around 5:15 and grabbed her and put her in bed with me but she fell back asleep until around 7:15, then we got up, brushed our teeth and I took her into the toy room to play until everyone else slowly got up.
We ended up in the parking garage of Disneyland around 10:30 and stayed until after 8:00 - which was the plan, leave late so the girls could sleep for the ride home, and that worked too just like we expected.
We went on several rides, Dumbo, a train, tea cups, the carousel, It's a Small World (but Summer slept through the first time), pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, and back to It's a Small World. We had a yummy lunch, burger for me, turkey wrap for Summer, we saw a street parade and Summer enjoyed a big sucker that Casey bought for the girls, we took photos with Pooh, Tigger and Mickey Mouse. Overall it was a great day, I was really concerned we would run out of things to do if we stayed more than a day but we easily could have done another day. We were 5 minutes from the beach when we were at Heather's house but I didn't realize it, we could have spent some time on the beach, I guess that means we will have to go back soon, Casey said something about going for her birthday in August - I can't wait!

No comments: